AMWA IS-06 NMOS Network Control Specification
IS-06 is an AMWA NMOS Specification for API control of a managed network.
What does it do?
- Lets broadcast control applications manage what happens on the network itself
Why does it matter?
- Ethernet switch output ports might only support a limited number of media flows before they start dropping packets
- This is different to what happens in a typical SDI router
- And it means corrupted video and audio
How does it work?
- Provides a “Northbound” API from network fabric’s controller
- Includes topology discovery, flow authorization and assurances of flow bandwidth
The NMOS Testing Tool creates a simple web service for testing implementations of all NMOS APIs.
The links to documentation, API and examples below, and for SPEC links in the page menu bar are for this release or branch: releases/v1.0.1. Links to other published releases and other live branches appear later in the page, or in the VERSIONS menu.
Documentation for release v1.0.1
- Data Model
APIs for release v1.0.1
JSON Schemas for release v1.0.1
Examples for release v1.0.1
The formal specification is provided in this GitHub repository. These pages render the documentation and APIs (which are specified in RAML and JSON Schema).
|Repository||Default Branch||Lint (default)||Render (all)|