AMWA IS-04 NMOS Discovery and Registration Specification (Stable)
What does it do?
- Allows control and monitoring applications to find the resources on a network
- Resources include Nodes, Devices, Senders, Receivers, Sources, Flows…
Why does it matter?
- Enables automation and reduces manual overhead in setting up networked sytems
- Essential for dynamic deployment
How does it work?
- Media Nodes locate IS-04 registry using DNS-SD (unicast preferred)
- Media Nodes register their resource information with HTTP + JSON
- Applications query with HTTP and/or subscribe with WebSocket
The NMOS Testing Tool creates a simple web service for testing implementations of all NMOS APIs.
The links to documentation, API and examples below, and for SPEC links in the page menu bar are for this release or branch: releases/v1.3.2. Links to other published releases and other live branches appear later in the page, or in the VERSIONS menu.
Documentation for release v1.3.2
APIs for release v1.3.2
JSON Schemas for release v1.3.2
Examples for release v1.3.2
These pages are rendered from the source of the specification, which is in this GitHub repository.
|Repository||Default Branch||Lint (default)||Render (all)|