NMOS Receiver Capabilities
What does it do?
- Allows an IS-04 Receiver to express parametric constraints on the types of streams that it is capable of consuming
Why does it matter?
- Controllers need to know whether a Receiver is capable of handling a specific Sender’s stream before connecting the two
How does it work?
- Establishes an open Capabilities register in the NMOS Parameter Registers that lists specifications for parametric constraints (such as width, height, frame rate, number of channels, etc.)
- Defines how a Receiver instantiates these Parameter Constraints to make up a list of acceptable Constraint Sets, within the IS-04 ‘caps’ attribute
- Defines how Controllers evaluate whether an IS-04 Sender satisfies these constraints, based on the target parameters specified for each constraint (such as IS-04 Flow attributes and SDP format-specific parameters)
The NMOS Testing Tool creates a simple web service for testing implementations of all NMOS APIs.
The links to documentation, API and examples below, and for SPEC links in the page menu bar are for this release or branch: branches/v1.0-dev. Links to other releases and other branches appear later in the page, or in the VERSIONS menu.
Documentation for branch v1.0-dev
APIs for branch v1.0-dev
JSON Schemas for branch v1.0-dev
Examples for branch v1.0-dev
The formal specification is provided in this GitHub repository. These pages render the documentation and APIs (which are specified in RAML and JSON Schema).
|Repository||Default Branch||Lint (default)||Render (all)|