NMOS Source Attributes
This Source Attributes parameter register contains extensible attributes and their permitted values which may be used in Source resources within the AMWA IS-04 NMOS Discovery and Registration Specification.
- Each entry MUST be associated with an existing defined NMOS Format.
- Each entry MUST define or refer to an existing unique attribute name within the scope of a Source.
- Each entry MUST have a short description.
- Each entry MUST identify any AMWA Specifications and versions from which it is valid.
- Each entry MUST define all permitted values for the attribute, either via an explicit list, well-defined references or both.
- Entries MAY be used to expand the set of permitted values associated with an existing extensible attribute.
- Each entry MUST link to a schema definition held within this repository (unless covered by a schema within the original specification).
- Additions and updates to this parameter register are to be submitted via a Pull Request (PR) according to the General Procedures and Criteria.
As noted in IS-04 v1.3, new Source attributes may be defined here as opposed to requiring a new version of the specification.
Query APIs and their clients which support v1.3 of IS-04 or operate in a mixed-version environment MUST be tolerant to the presence of Source attributes and values which may be added at a later date. This is further detailed in the IS-04 Upgrade Path document.
Note: JSON schemas supporting validation of all the attributes will be defined in this register. These MAY be used in addition to the schemas, such as source_generic.json and source_audio.json, found in the AMWA IS-04 specification.