NMOS Device Types
This Device Types parameter register contains values that may be used to identify the role of a device within the production environment (such as camera, mixer, tally light etc.), used in the
type property of the device resource defined in the AMWA IS-04 NMOS Discovery and Registration Specification.
- Values used for the device
typeproperty are not required to be included in this parameter register.
- Each entry MUST define a unique device type name (which is a URN).
- Each entry MUST have a short description and include contact information for the proponent(s).
- Each entry SHOULD provide a link to a specification for the device type, as well as identifying any AMWA Specifications and versions for which the entry is applicable.
- Additions and updates to this parameter register are to be submitted via a Pull Request (PR) according to the General Procedures and Criteria.
Manufacturers MAY use their own namespaces to indicate device types which are not currently defined within the NMOS namespace.
Note: AMWA IS-04 specifies general requirements for the construction and use of URNs in NMOS specifications.
- Description: Generic device.
- Proponent: AMWA
- Specification: AMWA IS-04 v1.0
- Applicability: AMWA IS-04 since v1.0