AMWA IS-05 NMOS Device Connection Management Specification (Stable)
What does it do?
- Provides a transport-independent way of connecting Media Nodes
- Supports RTP, WebSocket and MQTT connections
- Supports single + bulk connections, immediate + delayed connections
Why does it matter?
- ST 2110 does not specify how to do this
- So without IS-05 there is a danger of multiple proprietary approaches
- …and difficulty in adopting new stream formats.
- Provides support for new specifications
- such as IS-07 event transport
How does it work?
- Control application sends instructions to Media Nodes
transport_paramsconveys the connection information
The NMOS Testing Tool creates a simple web service for testing implementations of all NMOS APIs.
The links to documentation, API and examples below, and for SPEC links in the page menu bar are for this release or branch: releases/v1.1. Links to other releases and other branches appear later in the page, or in the VERSIONS menu.
Documentation for release v1.1
- Upgrade Path
APIs for release v1.1
JSON Schemas for release v1.1
Examples for release v1.1
The formal specification is provided in this GitHub repository. These pages render the documentation and APIs (which are specified in RAML and JSON Schema).
|Repository||Default Branch||Lint (default)||Render (all)|