AMWA BCP-003-03 Certificate Provisioning in NMOS Systems
What does it do?
- Documents best practice for automated provisioning of TLS Server Certificates to NMOS APIs.
Why does it matter?
- A secure control plane is essential.
- Certificates are an important part of this, and automation makes their use practical.
- These recommendations allow interoperability using widely adopted open technologies.
How does it work?
- Recommends behaviour, based on Enrollment over Secure Transport (RFC 7030)
- Encryption is a prerequisite (see BCP-003-01).
The NMOS Testing Tool creates a simple web service for testing implementations of all NMOS APIs.
The links to documentation, API and examples below, and for SPEC links in the page menu bar are for this release or branch: releases/v1.0.0. Links to other published releases and other live branches appear later in the page, or in the VERSIONS menu.
Documentation for release v1.0.0
The formal specification is provided in this GitHub repository. These pages render the documentation and APIs (which are specified in RAML and JSON Schema).
|Repository||Default Branch||Lint (default)||Render (all)|